Traceable and Sustainable
Welcome to Devon Duvets
Eco-friendly heart, Eco-friendly home
At Devon Duvets, our commitment to the environment is central to what we do. By living a more sustainable lifestyle, we can all do our bit to help the planet. Making the switch to sustainable bedding is a great step and here’s why our bedding helps:
• Sheep grow new fleeces every year
• We process our wool in British mills, without the use of chemicals
• Our products do not contain synthetic fibers, bonding agents, or glues and so can be recycled, without sitting in a landfill for decades
• Our bedding is therefore 100% natural, 100% sustainable, and 100% eco-friendly,
which means that your sleep is 100% natural too.
Working closely with local farmers
Ethical & Sustainable
We work closely with our farmers to ensure that we use only the highest quality wool for our products. We also work together with the British Wool organisation, which helps to market and sell wool for British farmers, to ensure our wool is authentic traceable 100% British wool. Our selected farmers receive above the market value for their wool for taking part in the traceability scheme. This video clip features Paul, one of the local farmers who has supplied us with wool since Devon Duvets was founded.
Some of the best things about traceable wool:
• Supporting local farmers
• Ethically sourced
• High-quality wool, which we clean and process without the use of chemicals
• Wool is used to individually handcraft our duvets, toppers, and pillows, here in Devon
Do you know the benefits of traceable wool?
We only use high-quality 100% British wool that is fully traceable back to our selected group of farmers. Here are some of the benefits:
• Supports British farmers so that they can continue to produce high-quality wool
• Gives you confidence that you are purchasing a product made with 100% British wool
• Reduces the carbon footprint for the environment
It’s reassuring to know when we say your bedding is made using authentic traceable 100% British wool and that it is handcrafted here in Devon, that this is exactly what you are getting.
Eco-Friendly Heart, Eco-friendly Home
At Devon Duvets, our commitment to the environment is central to what we do. By living a more sustainable lifestyle, you can help the planet. Making to switch to sustainable bedding is an important step and here’s why our bedding helps:
• Sheep grow new fleeces every year
• We process our wool in British mills, without
the use of chemicals
• Our products do not contain synthetic fibres, bonding agents, or glues and so can be recycled, without sitting in a landfill for decades
• Our bedding is therefore 100% natural, 100% sustainable, and 100% eco-friendly, which means that your sleep is 100% natural too.
Ethically produced wool from local farmers
British wool has been prized for its quality for over 2,000 years. We only ever get our wool from local farmers who take great care of their sheep, which includes shearing them when the sheep need it and not before. Here’s a bit about sheep shearing:
• Our wool comes from live sheep
• The sheep are sheared in Spring and Summer as the weather starts to warm up, to stop them from overheating
as the temperature rises
• Shearing their wool relieves them of their heavy fleeces, which can also become entangled in brambles
or other vegetation
• Shearing reduces the risk of disease for the sheep
Handcrafted in Devon
Individually handcrafted for you, with love and care, by our talented seamstresses in Devon.
Sleep better by experiencing the benefits of wool and our other natural fibre soft bedding products.
Traceable British Wool
Our wool is fully traceable from farm to duvet, topper of pillow. We’ve worked with our chosen group of farmers for over 12 years they are committed to the highest standards of animal husbandry.