Beautiful bedding derived from nature
At Devon Duvets we respect nature and bring to you a collection of products that support nature by using the natural, renewable resources with respect. By respecting nature and using only renewable resources, we do not exhaust the supply and we can therefore all enjoy the benefits of nature yet at the same time contribute towards a more balanced earth and help protect it for future generations.
HOW WE SUPPORT NATURE
ALL of the wool used in our wool duvets, wool mattress toppers and wool pillows is 100% platinum certified wool from sheep reared by British Farmers.
The wool is shorn from live sheep each year during the Spring and Summer months in the centuries old tradition of British Farming and during the year the sheep grow wonderful new fleeces to enjoy in our luxurious natural wool duvets, wool pillows and wool mattress toppers made the next season exclusively for you.
As well as being sustainable, wool is both recyclable and biodegradable.
The standard of animal husbandry on British Farms is extremely high and you can be assured that the sheep providing our wool are some of the best cared for sheep in the world - a good reason to use only British wool.
Once gathered, our wool is cleaned and processed in England without the use of bleach or chemicals and never leaves the country. It is then transported to our Devon Workshops to be handcrafted by our seamstresses into luxurious wool duvets, pillows and mattress toppers, keeping the carbon footprint as small as possible.
At Devon Duvets we make a conscious effort to support British businesses to source our packaging, labels, printing etc. and prefer to use companies that are equally as conscious in operating in an environmentally friendly way.
Disposal of any waste materials from our workshops is controlled with the majority of it being recycled for example, our offcuts of cotton go onto being the lining of rubber gloves and some items are used by a local children's charity for artwork - nothing is wasted.
We continue to make changes to the way in which we package our products to ensure it is as environmentally responsible as possible. We only use recycled cardboard for our boxes and the small amount of plastic we need to use to pack duvets is biodegradable. When sourced, processed and handcrafted into products in England by Devon Duvets, wool is responsible, supportive of nature yet luxurious and wonderful to sleep under.
‘Cherish the gift of nature with Devon Duvets’
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
We are committed to minimising the impact of our activities on the environment.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
· Minimise waste by evaluating our operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
· Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of vehicles and transportation by the company and monitor and control the use of energy within our business.
· Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and our supplier chain.
· Source and promote product ranges that minimise the environmental impact of materials, production, operations and distribution. Continually evaluate.
· Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to our Company.
· Communicate our environmental commitment and efforts to all staff and our supply chain.
Updated March 2022